28 Ağustos 2007 Salı

Alanis Morissette - All I Really Want

Alanis Morissette - All I Really Want

Albüm Adı : Jagged Little Pill

Do I stress you out
My sweater is on backwards and inside out
And you say how appropriate
I don´t want to dissect everything today
I don´t mean to pick you apart you see
But I can´t help it

There I go jumping before the gunshot has gone off
Slap me with a splintered ruler
And it would knock me to the floor if I wasn´t there already
If only I could hunt the hunter
And I really want is some patience
A way to calm the angry voice
And all I really want is deliverance

Do I wear you out
You must wonder why I´m relentless and all strung out
I´m consumed by the chill os solitary
I´m like Estella
I like to reel it in and then spit it out
I´m frustrated by your apathy
And I am frightened by the corrupted ways of this land
If only I could meet the Maker
And I am fascinated by the spiritual man
I am humbled by his humble nature

What I wouldn´t give to find a soulmate
Someone else to catch this drift
And what I wouldn´t give to meet a kindred
Enough about me, let´s talk about you for a minute
Enough about you, let´s talk about life for a while
The conflicts, the craziness and the sound of pretenses
Falling all around . . . all around

Why are you so petrified of silence
Here can you handle this?
Did you think about your bills, your ex, your deadlines
Or when you think you´re gonna die
Or did you long for the next distraction
And all I need now is intellectual intercourse
A soul to dig the hole much deeper
And I have no concept of time other than it is flying
If only I could kill the killer

All I really want is some peace man
A place to find a common ground
And all I really want is a wavelength
All I really want is some comfort
A way to get my hands untied
And all I really want is some justice . . .

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder